Bulgarian prosecutors lay charges against alleged neo-Nazis in Plovdiv
The Plovdiv District Prosecutor’s Office has laid charges under anti-hate crime laws against three men aged 18, 39 and 42, the Prosecutor’s Office said on August 17.
The charges are that, with one as a perpetrator and the other two as accomplices, “through speech and in other ways, they preached discrimination, violence or hatred based on race, skin colo”r, origin, nationality or ethnicity, or sexual orientation,” a crime under provisions of the Criminal Code.
The statement said that on August 15-16 2025, in Plovdiv, during a police operation conducted by officers of the Ministry of Interior and the State Agency for National Security, numerous individuals were identified in a private club.
During a search of the premises, flags with Nazi symbols depicting swastikas and other items were seized.
The club was rented by one of the accused.
According to the evidence collected so far, meetings were held there, at which neo-Nazi ideology, intolerance towards different people were discussed, the statement said.
The three accused were taken into custody for up to 72 hours by order of the supervising prosecutor.
The statement said that on August 17, the Plovdiv District Prosecutor’s Office would ask the court to remand the three in custody.
