Greek foreign minister Nikos Kotzias has given his personal undertaking that the signing of the final investment agreement on the Greece-Bulgaria gas interconnector, that had been scheduled for June 12, will go ahead.
“You can be sure that it will happen, and I will take care of it personally,” Kotzias said at a news conference after talks with his Bulgarian counterpart Daniel Mitov.
“It is our government’s decision. It is a project that ensures our energy security, and it is part of the European Union’s new energy strategy,” the Greek foreign minister said.
For Bulgaria the idea of implementing a vertical gas corridor contains the most serious potential for the energy security of South Eastern Europe, and also of the entire EU, Mitov said after the June 18 talks with Kotzias.
For the full story, please click here.
(Photos: Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs)